(ScGbt: t. 593; 1. 190'0"; b. 29'0"; dr. 12'0"; s. 11 k.; cp1. 130; a. 1 50-pdr., 1 30-pdr. P.r., 6 32-pdrs., 2 24-pdr., how.; 1 heavy-12 pdr., 1 12-pdr. r.)
Pequot, a wooden screw gunboat, was launched 4 June 1863 by the Boston Navy Yard; and commissioned there 15 January 1864, Lt. Comdr. Stephen P. Quackenbush in command.
The new gunboat departed Boston 5 February and joined the North Atlantic Blockading Squadron. She captured British blockade runner Don off Beaufort, N.C., 4 March and helped the Army beat back a Confederate attack on wilson s Wharf, James River, Va., 24 May. Blockade duty occupied her until she participated in the attacks on Fort Fisher which protected Wilmington, N.C., 24 February 1864 and 13 January 1865, closing that last major Confederate port. She followed this victory by helping capture Fort Anderson N.C.
After the end of the Civil War, she decommissioned at New York Navy Yard 3 June 1865 and was laid up until sold in 1869.