Former names retained.
(Bark: t. 343)
Marcia was purchased by the Navy at Portland, Maine, 10 December 1861 for the "second stone fleet," the second division of a group of vessels bought to be loaded with stone and sunk as obstructions to seal off the Confederate ports of the Carolinas and Georgia. The bark sailed south with the fleet of 20 ships to wait off Port Royal Harbor, S.C., until 20 January 1862 when the division departed for Charleston. Marcia was sunk in Maffitt's Channel the same day.