(Ship: t. 492; cpl. 180; a. 24 guns)
The second Connecticut, a ship, was launched 6 June 1799 at Middletown, Conn. She sailed 15 October 1799 under the command of Captain M. Tryon for the Guadaloupe Station, and cruised in the West Indies for a year during the Quasi War with France, protecting American commerce from French privateers. Connecticut's successful career was highlighted by the capture of four privateers and the recapture of seven American merchantmen. Arriving at New London, Conn., 18 October 1800, Connecticut,was sold at New York in 1801.