LST's of the United States Navy
Home
Naval Shopping
About MultiEducator
American History
World History
Election Central
NationbyNation
Primary Source Documents
20th Century Almanac
Aviation History
Navy History
Railroad History
America's Wars
Biographies

Amistadt

Civics

History of Israel
Other Links
About Historycentral
Advertise
Contact US

LST - 1 -

LST-1001

LST-1001 was laid down on 18 April 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 26 May 1944; spon sored by Mrs. Eva B. Rockett; and commissioned on 20 June 1944, Lt. Comdr. G. C. Masterson, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1001 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 February 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 23 October 1947, the ship was sold to the New Orleans Shipwrecking Corp., Chicago, Ill., for scrapping. LST-1001 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-1002

LST-1002 was laid down on 3 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 8 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Mary E. Nelson; and commissioned on 25 June 1944, Lt. S. Edelson, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1002 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 22 May 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition that same day. She was struck from the Navy list on 3 July 1946. LST-1002 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-1003

LST-1003 was redesignated ARL-10 and named Coronis (q.v.) on 14 August 1944.

LST-1004

LST-1004 was laid down on 26 January 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 3 March 1944; and commissioned on 28 March 1944. LST-1004 performed no combatant service during World War II. She was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 7 February 1947. On 16 October 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping.

LST-1005

LST-1005 was laid down on 2 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 11 March 1944; and commissioned on 6 April 1944. Following World War 11, LST-1005 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early 1946. She was decommissioned on 6 April 1946 after removal of all salvageable equipment following damage sustained in beaching operations. Her hulk was later destroyed. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 17 April 1946.

LST-1006

LST-1006 was laid down on 5 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 11 March 1944; and commissioned on 12 April 1944, Lt. Vardy D. Garvey in command. During World War II, LST-1006 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Leyte landings-October 1944 Zambales-Subic Bay-January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April through June 1945 Following the war, LST-1006 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 14 June 1948, the ship was sold to Steele Powers for operation. LST-1006 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST-1007

LST-1007 was laid down on 8 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 20 March 1944; and commissioned on 15 April 1944. During World War II, LST-1007 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Tarakan Island operation in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 2 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 12 April that same year. On 12 September 1946, the ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., of Brooklyn, N.Y. LST-1007 earned one battle star for World War II service.

LST-1008

LST-1008 was laid down on 16 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 23 March 1944; and commissioned on 18 April 1944. Following World War 11, LST-1008 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. She was decommissioned on 4 May 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition that same date. She was struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946.

LST-1009

LST-1009 was laid down on 22 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 23 March 1944; and commissioned on 22 April 1944. Following World War II, LST-1009 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She was decommissioned on 17 July 1946 and transferred to the United States Army. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 14 March 1947.

LST-1010

LST-1010 was laid down on 22 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 29 March 1944; and commissioned on 25 April 1944. During World War II, LST-1010 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, the ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. LST-1010 was transferred to the United States Army on 4 April 1947 and returned to United States Navy custody on 1 March 1950. She was later transferred to the Republic of Korea Navy on 22 March 1955 where she served as Un Pong (LST-807). LST-1010 earned two battle stars for World War 11 service.

LST-1011

LST-1011 was laid down on 29 February 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 29 March 1944; and commissioned on 5 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1011 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 12 June 1948, she was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1011 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1012

LST-1012

LST-1012 was laid down on 4 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 8 April 1944; and commissioned on 30 April 1944, Lt. Comdr. M. J. Flowers, Jr., USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1012 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposal that same date. She was struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946. LST-1012 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1013 LST-1013 was laid down on 13 March at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 April 1944; and commissioned on 2 May 1944, Lt. Charles K. Carroll, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1013 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Leyte landings-October 1944 Lingayen Gulf landings-January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April through June 1945 Following the war, LST-1013 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. She was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition that same date. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946. LST-1013 earned three battle stars for World War II service. LST-1014 LST-1014 was laid down on 15 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 April 1944; and commissioned on 5 May 1944, Lt. William H. Weldon, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1014 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands - September and October 1944 Leyte landings-November 1944 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April through June 1945 Following the war, LST-1014 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 17 April that same year. On 12 September 1946, the ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., Brooklyn, N.Y. LST-1014 earned three battle stars for World War II service. LST-1015 LST-1015 was laid down on 22 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 20 April 1944; and commissioned on 8 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1015 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands - September through October 1944 Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landings-January 1945 Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto-April 1945 Following the war, LST-1015 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. She was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition that same date, The ship was struck from the Navy list on 19 June 1946. LST-1 015 earned four battle stars for World War II service. LST-1016 LST-1016 was laid down on 25 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 25 April; and commissioned on 10 May 1944, Lt. John W. Chapman, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1016 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945 and the Balikpapan operation in June and July 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until midFebruary 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 June 1946 and struck from the -Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 9 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping. LST-1016 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1017 LST-1017 was laid down on 25 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 25 April 1944; and commissioned on 12 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1017 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Morotai landings-September 1944 Leyte landings-November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945 Mindanao Island landings-April 1945 Brunei Bay operation-June and July 1945 Following the war, LST-1017 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late June 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 June 1946 and transferred to the Republic of China on 14 December 1946. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-1017 earned five battle stars for World War II service. LST-1018 LST-1018 was laid down on 31 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 6 May 1944; and commissioned on 14 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1018 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Morotai landings-September 1944 Leyte landings-November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landing-January 1945 Mindanao Island landings-April 1945 Balikpapan operation-June and July 1945 Following the war, LST-1018 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 24 June 1948, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping. LST-1018 earned five battle stars for World War II service. LST-1019 LST-1019 was laid down on 31 March 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 6 May 1944; and commissioned on 17 May 1944, Lt. Comdr. Norman C. Ross, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1019 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Later transferred to the Asiatic-Pacific theater, she engaged in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 28 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation. LST-1019 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1020 LST-1020 was laid down on 11 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 10 May 1944; and commissioned on 19 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1020 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 16 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1020 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1021 LST-1021 was laid down on 18 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 May 1944; and commissioned on 21 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1021 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 24 December 1944. The ship was returned to United States Navy custody and struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1947. On 7 October 1947, she was sold to Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore. LST-1021 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1022 LST-1022 was laid down on 18 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 16 May 1944; and commissioned on 24 May 1944, Lt. William D. Henderson in command. During World War II, LST-1022 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early August 1946. She was decommissioned on 31 December 1947 and struck from the Navy list on 22 January 1948. On 28 June 1948, the ship was sold to R. G. Greive for scrapping. LST-1022 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1023 LST-1023 was laid down on 20 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 17 May 1944; and commissioned on 26 May 1944. Following World War II, LST-1023 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 18 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation. LST-1024 LST-1024 was laid down on 26 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co. ; launched on 22 May 1944; and commissioned on 28 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1024 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 12 March 1948, the ship was sold to Alexander Shipyards, Inc., for operation. LST-1024 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1025 LST-1025 was laid down on 26 April 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 22 May 1944; and commissioned on 31 May 1944. During World War II, LST-1025 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Leyte landings-October and November 1944 Zambales-Subic Bay-January 1945 Visayan Islands landings-March 1945 Tarakan Island operation-April and May 1945 Following the war, LST-1025 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 24 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 11 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1025 earned four battle stars for World War II service. LST-1026 LST-1026 was laid down on 8 May 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 2 June 1944; and commissioned on 7 June 1944, Lt. R. E. Parker, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1026 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October and November 1944 and the Mindanao Island landings in March and April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 11 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 5 December 1947, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines. LST-1026 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1027 LST-1027 was laid down on 8 May 1944 at Quincy, Mass., by the Bethlehem Steel Co.; launched on 2 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Harry A. Hassan; and commissioned on 7 June 1944. During World War If, LST-1027 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Leyte landings-November 1944 Lingayen Gulf landings-January 1945 Mindanao Island landings-March 1945 Following the war, LST-1027 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early September 1946, She was decommissioned on 4 September 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 20 January 1947. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 23 April 1947. LST-1027 earned three battle stars for World War If service. LST-1028 LST-1028 was laid down on 15 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 18 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Susanna C. Curran; and commissioned on 7 July 1944, Lt. N. L. Knipe, Jr., USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1028 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landings in January 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 November 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December that same year. On 29 August 1947, the ship was sold to the Puget Sound Bridge & Dredging Co., Seattle, Wash.' for scrapping. LST-1028 earned one battle star for World War 11 service. LST-1029 LST-1029 was laid down on 15 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 18 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Stanley Madey; and commissioned on 13 July 1944, Lt. 1. H. Vincent, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1029 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and sold to the Suwannee Fruit & Steamship Co., Jacksonville, Fla., on 31 October 1946. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. LST-1029 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1030 LST-1030 was laid down on 27 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 25 June 1944; sponsored by Miss Irene M. O'Brien; and commissioned on 19 July 1944, Lt. (jg.) S. W. Farnham, USNR, in command. During World War 11, LST-1030 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occu pation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 29 May 1946 and transferred to the Republic of China Navy on 17 February 1948 where she served as Chung Chuan (LST-221). She was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-1030 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1031 LST-1031 was laid down on 27 May 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 25 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Priscilla A. Daudelin; and commissioned on 25 July 1944, Lt. C. W. Price in command. During World War II, LST-1031 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 18 December 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 8 January 1946. On 23 October 1947, the ship was sold to the Boston Metals Corp., of Baltimore, Md., for scrapping. LST-1031 earned one battle star for World War 11 service. LST-1032 LST-1032 was laid down on 9 June 1944 by the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Jennie M. Kneeland; and commissioned on 1 August 1944, Lt. J. M. Medina in command. During World War II, LST-1032 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Monmouth County (LST-1032) (q.v.) after a county in New Jersey. The ship was decommissioned on 14 November 1955 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. Monmouth County was recommissioned on 28 May 1963 and performed extensive service during the Vietnam War. Decommissioned again in 1970, Monmouth County was struck from the Navy list on 12 August 1970. LST-1032 earned two battle stars for World War II service and one award of the Navy Unit Commendation, one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation, and 11 battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1033 LST-1033 was laid down on 9 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 July 1944; sponsored by Miss Mary Theresa O'Donnell; and commissioned on 12 August 1944, Lt. J. W. Robinson, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1033 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July. She was redesignated LSTH-1033 on 15 September 1945. The ship was decommissioned on I August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 5 December 1947, she was sold to Bosey, Philippines. LST-1033 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1034 LST-1034 was laid down on 26 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 4 August 1944; spon sored by Mrs. Edith A. Gannon; and commissioned on 26 August 1944, Lt. (jg.) Paul C. Greenwell, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1034 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early September 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 8 October 1946 and sold to the Netherlands East Indies on 28 October that same year. She was struck from the Navy list on 29 October 1946. LST-1034 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1035 LST-1035 was laid down on 26 June 1944 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 4 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ella M. Kelleher; and commissioned on 1 September 1944, Lt. M. Perry in command. During World War 11 LST-1035 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the following operations: Palawan Island landings-March 1945 Visayan Islands landings-March and April 1945 Tarakan Island operation-April and May 1945 Following the war, LST-1035 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 16 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., Oakland, Calif., for scrapping. LST-1035 earned two battle stars for World War II service. LST-1036 LST-1036 was redesignated ARL-11 and named Creon (q.v.) on 14 August 1944. LST-1037 LST-1037 was redesignated ARL-12 and named Poseidon (q.v.) on 14 August 1944. LST-1038 LST-1038 was laid down on 29 October 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Elwood Printz; and commissioned on 5 February 1945, Lt. Julius Wood in command. During World War 11, LST-1038 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She then operated as a training ship for naval reservists in the New York area. Decommissioned in 1949, LST-1038 was assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla. On I July 1955, she was redesignated Monroe County (LST-1038) (q.v.) after counties in 17 states. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958. LST-1038 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1039 LST-1039 was laid down on 26 November 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Jack H. Johnston; and commissioned on 9 February 1945, Lt. G. E. Paris in command. During World War II, LST-1039 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 21 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 2 September 1947, the ship was sold to the Columbia River Packers Association, Inc., for operation. LST-1039 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1040 LST-1040 was laid down on 3 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 13 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Charles L. Hoffman; and commissioned on 13 February 1945, Lt. George E. Cooper, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1040 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 23 September 1946 and sold to the Netherlands East Indies on 5 October that same year. On 23 April 1947, the ship was struck from the Navy list. LST-1040 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1041 LST-1041 was laid down on 12 November 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 20 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. D. W. Raegler; and commissioned on 19 February 1945. Following World War II, LST-1041 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid- December 1945. She saw extensive service with the Atlantic Fleet for a decade. The ship was redesignated Montgomery County (LST-1041) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after counties in 18 states of the United States. She was decommissioned on 31 January 1956 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 June 1960 and sold to West Germany in August that same year. LST-1042 LST-1042 was laid down on 10 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 20 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. A. M. Shields; and commissioned on 22 February 1945, Lt. Patrick Connolly, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1042 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, LST-1042 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early May 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 9 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. LST-1042 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1043 LST-1043 was laid down on 17 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 27 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. George W. Johnston; and commissioned on 24 February 1945, Lt. Clifford Off, Jr., USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1043 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 10 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., for scrapping. LST-1044 LST-1044 was laid down on 25 November 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 3 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. D. Port; and commissioned on 2 March 1945, Lt. Frank P. Eldredge in command. Following World War II, LST-1044 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 8 January 1948, the ship was sold to Pablo N. Ferrari & Co. for operation. LST-1045 LST-1045 was laid down on 22 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 3 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. William G. Rudge; and commissioned on 27 March 1945. Following World War II, LST-1045 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 10 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August 1946. On 9 December 1947, the ship was sold to James A. Hughes, New York, N.Y., for scrapping. LST-1046 LST-1046 was laid down on 31 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 10 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Florence M. Teepe; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt. R. P. McGhie in command. Following World War II, LST-1046 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. The ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., on 25 September 1947 for scrapping. LST-1047 LST-1047 was laid down on 9 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. W. Deist; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt Charles G. Wood in command. Following World War II, LST-1047 performed occupation duty in the Par East until mid-December 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and transferred to the Army on 25 June that same year. On 29 September 1947, she was struck from the Navy list. LST-1048 LST-1048 was laid down on 7 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. L. P. Struble; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt. Robert G. Stevenson in command. Following World War II, LST-1048 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and assigned to the United States Army. Following the outbreak of hostilities in Korea, she was recommissioned on 26 August 1950 and performed extensive service during that war. The ship was redesignated Morgan County (LST-1048) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 for counties in 11 states of the United States. She was decommissioned again on 10 May 1956 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service. Struck from the Navy list on 1 August 1959, she was sold to Ships, Inc., Miami, Fla., on 10 June 1960. LST-1048 earned one battle star for the Korean War. LST-1049 LST-1049 was laid down on 14 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Walter Malec; and commissioned on 30 March 1945, Lt. Sheldon Potter, III, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1049 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She was decommissioned on 18 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 February 1948. On 1 July 1949, the ship was sold to the Townsend Transportation Co., Bayonne, N.J. LST-1050 LST-1050 was laid down on 23 December 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 3 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Oscar Enigson, Jr.; and commissioned on 3 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1050 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late January 1947. She was decommissioned and transferred to the Republic of China under the terms of lend-lease on 27 January 1947 where she served as Chung Lien (LST-209). The ship was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-1051 LST-1051 was laid down on 21 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp,; launched on 3 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Charles F. Posten; and commissioned on 7 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1051 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co., for scrapping. LST-1052 LST-1052 was laid down on 29 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. M. M. Lachowski; and commissioned on 15 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1052 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 25 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping. LST-1053 LST-1053 was laid down on 6 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 6 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. William F. Thorpe; and commissioned on 23 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1053 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommis sioned on 3 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 8 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., for operation. LST-1054 LST-1054 was laid down on 4 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 17 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. L. Stallings; and commissioned on 17 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1054 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and sruck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 25 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping. LST-1055 LST-1055 was laid down on 10 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. T. Miles; and commissioned on 26 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1055 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1947. She was decommissioned on 13 February 1947 and transferred to the United States Army that same date. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 25 February 1947. LST-1056 LST-1056 was laid down on 20 January 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. W. M. Harrison; and commissioned on 2 May 1945. Following World War II, LST-1056 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early July 1946. She was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 20 January 1947. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 10 June 1947. LST-1057 LST-1057 was laid down on 17 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 31 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. E. W. McKinley; and commissioned on 7 May 1945. Following World War II, LST-1057 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. She was sold to Pablo N. Ferrari & Co. on 12 January 1948 for operation. LST-1058 LST-1058 was laid down on 24 February 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 7 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Harry Schoeffel; and commissioned on 16 May 1945. LST-1058 performed no active service. She was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 13 June 1948, she was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1059 LST-1059 was laid down on 3 March 1945 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 14 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Corinne G. Harris; and commissioned on 17 May 1945. Following World War II, LST-1059 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 14 September 1946 and sold to the Morrison Knudsen Co., Shanghai, China, on 14 January 1947. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 23 April 1947. LST-1060 LST-1060 was laid down on 22 December 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 29 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Alice M. Wiggin; and commissioned on 24 February 1945. Following World War II, LST-1060 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 7 September 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 April 1947. On 13 February 1948, the ship was sold to Bosey, Philippines. LST-1061 LST-1061 was laid down on 26 December 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 3 February 1945; spohsored by Mrs. Ada Smith; and commissioned on 1 March 1945, Lt. G. A. Johnson in command. Following World War II, LST-1061 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 1 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Texas Petroleum Co. for operation. LST-1062 LST-1062 was laid down on 30 December 1944 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 6 February 1945; and commissioned on 5 March 1945, Lt. T. M. Robinson in command. Following World War II, LST-1062 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 25 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Pacific Coast Steel Corp. for scrapping. LST-1063 LST-1063 was laid down on 3 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 11 February 1945; and commissioned on 8 March 1945. Following World War 11, LST-1063 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early April 1946. She was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal on 30 June 1948. LST-1064 LST-1064 was laid down on 9 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 14 February 1945; and commissioned on 12 March 1945, Lt. Leland H. Austin in command. Following World War II, LST-1064 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She was decommissioned, on 21 August 1946 and redesignated Nansemond Comity (LST-1064) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in southeastern Virginia. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 October 1959 and sold to Japan in April 1961 where she served as Shiretoko (LST-4003). Reobtained from Japan in 1975, Nonsemond County was transferred to the Philippines on 24 September 1976. LST-1065 LST-1065 was laid down on 12 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 17 February 1945; and commissioned on 16 March 1945. Following World War II, LST-1065 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 23 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 17 January 1948, the ship was sold to Compania Naviera y Commercial Perez Compano S.A., Buenos Aires, Argentina, for operation. LST-1066 LST-1066 was laid down on 18 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 21 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Cynthia L. Rowan; and commissioned on 20 March 1945, Lt. E. J. Gilman in command. Following World War II, LST-1066 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned in March 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated New London County (LST-1066) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in southeastern Connecticut. She was recommissioned on 21 December 1965 and performed service in the Far East. Decommissioned again on 27 February 1967, New London County was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service. She was later sold to Chile where she serves as Commandante Hemerdinger (LST-88). LST-1066 earned two battle stars for Vietnam service. LST--1067 LST-1067 was laid down on 24 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 27 February 1945; and commissioned on 24 March 1945, Lt. P. H. White in command. Following World War II, LST-1067 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Nye County (LST-1067) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Nevada. She was recommissioned on 21 December 1965 and performed service in the Far East. Decommissioned again on 27 March 1967, Nye County was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service. She was later sold to Chile in August 1973 where she serves as Commandante Araya (LST- 89). LST-1067 earned two battle stars for Vietnam service. LST-7068 LST-1068 was laid down on 31 January 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 3 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Alice R. Wilbur; and commissioned on 27 March 1945, Lt. Clinton E. Voyles in command. Following World War 11, LST-1068 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. She was decommissioned on 9 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 8 September 1950, she performed extensive service during the Korean War. The ship was redesignated Orange County (LST-1068) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after counties in eight states of the United States. She was decommissioned again on 27 September 1957 and struck from the Navy list that same date. Orange County was subsequently sunk as a target vessel on 18 June 1958. LST-1068 earned four battle stars for the Korean War. LST-1069 LST-1069 was laid down on 7 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 7 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. James Whitfield; and commissioned on 31 March 1945, Lt. Lewis A. Rockwell in command. Following World War II, LST-1069 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late March 1946. She was decommissioned on 6 August 1946 and assigned to the Naval Reserve Program. Recommissioned on 11 January 1952, she was converted to a mine warfare flagship and logistic support vessel. The ship was redesignated Orleans Parish (LST-1069) (q.v.) on I July 1955 after a parish in Louisiana. Decommissioned again on 20 May 1966, Orleans Parish was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service where she operated in the Far East. Orleans Parish was transferred to the Philippines on 13 September 1976. LST-1070 LST-1070 was redesignated AG-146 and named Electron (q.v.) on 27 January 1949. LST-1071 LST-1071 was laid down on 13 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 14 March 1945; and commissioned on 9 April 1945, Lt. W. C. Scott in command. Following World War II, LST-1071 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 January 1951, she operated for the next five years with the Amphibious Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet. The ship was redesignated Ouachita County (LST-1071) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 for a county in Arizona. She was decommissioned again on 15 February 1956 and berthed at Green Cove Springs, Fla., until she was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1959. LST-1072 LST-1072 was laid down on 16 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 20 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Florence Mitchell; and commissioned on 12 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1072 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 2 April 1951 where she operated as USNS LST-1072. The ship was transferred to the Philippines on 13 September 1976. LST-1073 LST-1073 was laid down on 20 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 22 March 1945; and commissioned on 17 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1073 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 5 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was recommissioned on 3 November 1950 and performed extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Outagamie County (LST-1073) (q.v.) after a county in Wisconsin. She subsequently supported Navy operations in the Vietnam theater. Outagamie County was decommissioned again on 21 May 1971 and transferred to the Brazilian Navy where she saw service as Garcia D'Avila (G-28). The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 December 1973. LST-1073 earned five battle stars for the Korean War and eight battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1074 LST-1074 was laid down on 24 February 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 27 March 1945; and commissioned on 21 April 1945, Lt. John Gay in command. LST-1074 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 4 September 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Overton County (LST-1074) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Tennessee. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958. LST-1075 LST-1075 was laid down on 5 March 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 3 April 1945; and commissioned on 25 April 1945. Following World War II, LST-1075 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid- December 1946. She was decommissioned and transferred to the Republic of China Navy on 18 December 1946. The ship was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-1076 LST-1076 was laid down on 16 March 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 14 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Lillian J. Ostler; and commissioned on 1 May 1945, Lt. Grover L. Rawlings, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1076 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Page County (LST- 1076) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after counties in Iowa and Virginia. Following modernization, she was recommissioned on 28 November 1960. Page County operated with the Pacific Fleet in the ensuing decade, including extensive service in Vietnam. She was decommissioned once again on 5 March 1971 and leased to the Greek Navy where she served as Kriti (L-171). LST-1076 earned six battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1077 LST-1077 was laid down on 21 March 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 18 April 1945; and commissioned on 8 May 1945, Lt. 1. W. Matthews in command. Following World War II, LST-1077 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late November 1945. She was decommissioned on 31 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 6 September 1950, LST- 1077 performed extensive service during the Korean War. She was decommissioned once again on 12 May 1955. The ship was redesignated Park County (LST-1077) (q.v.) after counties in Colorado, Montana, and Wyoming. She was later completely modernized and recommissioned on 9 April 1966 for service in the Vietnam War. Park County was decommissioned for the final time and transferred to the Mexican Navy in September 1971 where she served as Rio Pavueo (IA-1). LST-1077 earned five battle stars for the Korean War and one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation, two awards of the Navy Unit Commendation, and 11 battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1078 LST-1078 was redesignated AG-147 and named Proton (q.v.) on 27 January 1949. LST-1079 LST-1079 was laid down on 30 March 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 27 April 1945; and commissioned on 22 May 1945, Lt. William A. Putnam, Jr., USNR, in command. LST-1079 was decommissioned in March 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned in October 1950, she operated with the Atlantic Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Payette County (LST-1079) (q.v.) after a county in Idaho. Decommissioned again on 1 November 1959 and struck from the Navy list that same date, she was sold to Zidell Explorations, Inc., Astoria, Oreg., on 18 May 1961. LST-1080 LST-1080 was laid down on 5 April 1945 at Hingham, Mass., by the Bethlehem-Hingham Shipyard, Inc.; launched on 2 May 1945; and commissioned on 29 May 1945. Following World War 11, LST-1080 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 29 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was recommissioned on 3 October 1950 and operated extensively during the Korean War. She was redesignated Pender County (LST-1080) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in North Carolina. Decommissioned for the last time on 2 January 1958, Pender County was transferred to the Republic of Korea Navy in October 1958 where she served as Hwa San (LST-816). The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 6 February 1959. LST-1080 earned four battle stars for Korean War service. LST-1081 LST-1081 was laid down on 13 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 5 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. J. L. Davidson, Jr.; and commissioned on 30 January 1945. LST-1081 was decommissioned on 30 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 2 February 1951, she operated with the Amphibious Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet. She was redesignated Pima County (LST- 1081) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in Arizona. The tank landing ship was decommissioned once again on 12 December 1956. Struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958, she was sold in June 1960. LST-1082 LST-1082 was laid down on 18 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 26 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Stephen Anzia; and commissioned on 7 February 1945, Lt. John B. Cameron, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1082 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 5 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 6 September 1950, she performed extensive service during the Korean War. The ship was redesignated Pitkin County (LST-1082) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 for a county in Colorado. She was decommissioned once again on 1 September 1955 and reassigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 9 July 1966, Pitkin County operated in the Vietnam theater for the next five years. She was decommissioned for the last time on 1 September 1971. LST-1082 earned one battle star for World War II service, four battle stars for Korean War service, and two awards of the Navy Unit Commendation, one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation, and 10 battle stars for Vietnam War service. LST-1083 LST-1083 was laid down on 22 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 14 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Orren Brown; and commissioned on 13 February 1945, Lt. Donald W. Homes in command. During World War II, LST-1083 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned in August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 8 September 1950, LST-1083 performed extensive service during the Korean War. For the next decade, she operated with the Pacific Fleet. The ship was redesignated Plumas County (LST-1083) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after a county in California. She was decommissioned again on 22 August 1961. Following service with the Military Sea Transportation Service commencing in December 1965, Plumas County was struck from the Navy list on 1 June 1972. LST-1083 earned one battle star for World War 11 service and three for the Korean War. LST-1084 LST-1084 was laid down on 27 November 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 19 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. W. F. Shepherd; and commissioned on 19 February 1945, Lt. Lawrence E. Prehn in command. Following World War II, LST-1084 performed occupation duty in the Far East until September 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 November 1950, she performed extensive service during the Korean War. The ship was redesignated Polk County (LST-1084) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after 12 counties in the United States. For the next 14 years, the tank landing ship operated with the Pacific Fleet, including deployments to the Far East and the Vietnam theater. She was decommissioned for the final time on 3 October 1969 and was struck from the Navy list on 15 September 1974. LST-1084 earned three battle stars for the Korean War and four battle stars for Vietnam War service. LST-1085 LST-1085 was redesignated AG-148 and named Colington (q.v.) on 27 January 1949. LST-1086 LST-1086 was laid down on 5 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 28 January 1945; sponsored by Miss Julia L. Rowan; and commissioned on 24 February 1945, Lt. David J. Ward in command. Following World War 11, LST-1086 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late March 1946. She was decommissioned on 7 August 1946 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. On I July 1955, the ship was redesignated Potter County (LST-1086) (q.v.) after counties in Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and Texas. The tank landing ship was transferred to Greece on 9 August 1960 where she served the Hellenic Navy as Ikaria (L-154). LST-1087 LST-1087 was laid down on 11 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 3 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Robert Maybin; and commissioned on 2 March 1945, Lt. H. C. Moses in command. Following World War II, LST-1087 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1947. She was decommissioned on 11 August 1947 and struck from the Navy list on 29 September that same year. On 18 April 1948, the ship was transferred to the United States Army for operation. LST-1088 LST-1088 was laid down on 16 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 11 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. A. J. Paddock; and commissioned on 27 March 1945, Lt. Sheldon Potter III in command. Following World War II, LST-1088 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Pulaski County (LST-1088) (q.v.) after seven counties in the United States. She was recommissioned on 21 May 1963 for service in the Atlantic Fleet. Pulaski County later served in Vietnam. In July 1967, the tank landing ship was transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service for operation by a civilian crew. LST-1088 earned two battle stars for Vietnam War service. LST-1089 LST-1089 was laid down on 20 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 17 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. C. Robinson; and commissioned on 28 March 1945, Lt. Marvin A. Cohen in command. Following World War II, LST-1089 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 16 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 6 September 1950, LST-1089 saw extensive service in Korea and later with the Pacific Fleet in the Far East and the eastern Pacific. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Rice County (LST- 1089) (q.v.) after counties in Kansas and Minnesota. The ship was decommissioned again on 9 March 1960 and transferred to the West German Navy in October 1960 where she served as Bochum (N-120). Rice County was struck from the Navy list on I November 1960. She was later sold by the United States to the Turkish Navy in December 1972 where she served as Sanlaktar (A-580). LST-1089 earned four battle stars for Korean War service. LST-1090 LST-1090 was laid down on 28 December 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 24 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. B. Hunter; and commissioned on 2 April 1945, Lt. E. J. Doering, USNR, in command. Following World War 11, LST-1090 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 22 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet, Recommissioned on 3 November 1950, LST-1090 performed extensive service during the Korean War and operated with the Pacific Fleet for the next decade. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Russell County (LST-1090) (q.v.) after counties in Alabama, Kansas, Kentucky, and Virginia. She was decommissioned for the last time on 5 April 1960 and struck from the Navy list on 1 November that same year. LST-1090 earned three battle stars for Korean War service. LST-1091 LST-1091 was laid down on 3 January 1945 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 3 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. R. W. Robinson; and commissioned on 6 April 1945, Lt. Milton S. Johnston, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1091 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. She was decommissioned on 5 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Sagadahoc County (LST-1091) (q.v.) after a county in Maine. The tank landing ship was transferred to the Republic of China Navy in October 1958 where she served as Chung Chih (LST-226). She was struck from the Navy list on 6 February 1959. LST-1092 LST-1092 was redesignated ARVE-3 and named Aventinus (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1093 LST-1093 was redesignated ARVA-5 and named Fabins (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1094 LST-1094 was redesignated ARVE-4 and named Chloris (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1095 LST-1095 was redesignated ARVA-6 and named Megara (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1096 LST-1096 was laid down on 27 November 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 10 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Elizabeth L. Middleton; and commissioned on 2 February 1945, Lt. Lester W. Sperberg in command. During World War II, LST-1096 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 24 August 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 October 1950, LST-1096 saw extensive service during the Ko rean War. Following the Korean armistice in 1953, the tank landing craft continued to operate with the Pacific Fleet, alternating services along the west coast of the United States with deployments to the Far East. She was redesignated St. Clair County (LST-1096) (q.v.) on 1 July 1955 after counties in five states. During the period 1966 to 1969, St. Clair County performed logistic support duty off Vietnam. Decommissioned again on 26 September 1969, she was reassigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet at Bremerton, Wash. LST-1096 earned one battle star for World War II, three for Korea, and three battle stars and 1 award of the Navy Unit Commendation for Vietnam service. LST-1097 LST-1097 was laid down on 22 November at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 16 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Susan A. Rash; and commissioned on 9 February 1945, Lt. Earl J. Lane in command. During World War II, LST-1097 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 19 December 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 27 January 1949, the ship was redesignated AG- 149 and named League Island (q.v.). Recommissioned on 3 January 1951 the cargo stores ship performed service during the Korean War. Redesignated AKS-30, she continued service with the Pacific Fleet into 1956. Decommissioned again on 14 December 1956, League Island was struck from the Navy list on 1 April 1960 and sold for scrapping to the Hatch & Kirk Co., Seattle, Wash., on 24 April 1961. LST-1097 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1098 LST-1098 was redesignated ARST-1 and named Laysan Island (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1099 LST-1099 was redesignated ARST-2 and named Okala (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1100 LST-1100 was redesignated ARST-3 and named Palmyra (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1101 LST-1101 was laid down on 22 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 3 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. James J. Tolson; and commissioned on 26 January 1945, Lt. James M. Trotman, Jr., USNR, in command, During World War II, LST-1101 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. The ship was decommissioned on 6 June 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 November 1950, LST-1101 performed extensive service during the Korean War. She was redesignated Saline County (LST-1101) (q.v.) after counties in five states of the United States. She continued to operate with the Pacific Fleet until she was again decommissioned on 9 March 1960. Struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1960, Saline County was later transferred to the German Navy where she was converted to a minelayer and served as Bottrop (N121) until September 1971. In December 1972, she was sold to Turkey where she served in the Turkish Navy as Bayraktar (A- 581). LST-1101 earned one battle star for World War II service and five battle stars for Korean War service. LST-1102 LST-1102 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 10 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Odette Snyder; and commissioned on 29 January 1945, Lt. L. J. Patterson, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1102 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early October 1947. She was decommissioned on 21 November 1947 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated AG-150 on 27 January 1949 and assigned the name Chimon, after an island off the coast of Connecticut, on 1 February 1949. Recommissioned on 27 December 1950, Chimon supported operations in the Korean War. Reclassified AKS-31 on 18 August 1951, she operated with the Pacific Fleet into 1957. Decommissioned again on 22 April 1958, Chimon was struck from the Navy list on 2 November 1959 and sold. LST-1102 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1 103 LST-1103 was laid down on 28 November 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. E. S. Paschall; and commissioned on 31 January 1945, Lt. Comdr. R. D. Foster, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1103 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She was decommissioned on 18 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 17 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Oil Transport Co., New Orleans, La., for non-self- propelled operation. LST-1104 LST-1104 was laid down on 1 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 17 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Walter G. Koch; and commissioned on 8 February 1945, Lt. John F. Kelly, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1104 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She was decommissioned on 8 July 1946. On 28 April 1947, the ship was sold to the Quarterman Corp. for operation. She was struck from the Navy list on 22 May 1947. LST-1104 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1 105 LST-1105 was laid down on 5 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 20 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. William J. Peters; and commissioned on 13 February 1945, Lt. Lionel B. King, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1105 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 20 May 1948, the ship was sold to the California Co. for operation. LST-1105 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1 106 LST-1106 was laid down on 9 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 24 January 1945; and commissioned on 16 February 1945, Lt. Jack Flinn, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1106 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1945. She was decommissioned on 2 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 8 October that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1106 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1107 LST-1107 was laid down on 13 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Frank Parks; and commissioned on 21 February 1945, Lt. G. P. Lynch in command. Following World War II, LST-1107 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 28 February 1947, the ship was sold to Higgins, Inc., for operation. LST-1108 LST-1108 was laid down on 16 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Edward H. Barnard; and commissioned on 27 February 1945, Lt. C. V. Lieb in command. Following World War II, LST-1108 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 15 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 10 January 1948, the ship was sold to the Argentine Navy where she served as Cabo San Vicente (BDT-14). LST-1109 LST-1109 was laid down on 21 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 6 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Paul H. Derrick; and commissioned on 28 February 1945, Lt. William A. McCaskill, USNR, in command. Following World War 11, LST-1109 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. She was decommissioned on 6 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 13 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping. LST-1 I 10 LST-1110 was laid down on 28 December 1944 at Evansville, Ind., by the Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Sydney Kolb; and commissioned on 7 March 1945, Lt. Alton S. Lee, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-1110 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late January 1947. For the succeeding 10 years, LST-1110 engaged in arctic resupply operations, operating out of ports on the California coast. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated San Bernardino County (LST-1110) (q.v.) after a county in California. Decommissioned on 15 August 1958, San Bernardino County was transferred to the Republic of China Navy as Chung Chiang (LST-225). She was struck from the Navy list on 6 February 1959. LST-1110 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1 I I I LST-1111 was redesignated AKS-16 and named Blackford (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1112 LST-1112 was redesignated AKS-17 and named Dorchester (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1113 LST-1113 was redesignated AKS-18 and named Kingman (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. LST-1114 LST-1114 was redesignated AKS-19 and named Presque Isle (q.v.) on 8 December 1944. Her name was later changed to Vanderburgh (q.v.) on 17 February 1945, and she was redesignated APB-45 on 7 March 1945. LST-1 115 LST-1115 was laid down on 29 September 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret Reed; and placed in reduced commission on 4 January 1945. She was subsequently decommissioned on 6 February 1945 and underwent conversion. LST-1115 was later commissioned as Pentheus (ARL-20) (q.v.) on 7 June 1945. LST-1116 LST-1116 was laid down on 2 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 28 December 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Lucile H. Kelley-, and commissioned on 9 January 1945. She was decommissioned on 15 February 1945, and underwent conversion and was recommissioned as Proserpine (ARL-21) (q.v.) on 31 May 1945. LST-1117 LST-1117 was laid down on 10 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Angeline C. Pattelli; and placed in reduced commission on 13 January 1945. LST-1117 underwent conversion and was placed in full commission as Tantalus (ARL-27) (q.v.) on 5 June 1945. LST-118 118 LST-1118 was laid down on 17 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. F. E. Kittredge; and commissioned on 18 January 1945, Lt. Bernard M. Jacobsen, USNR, in command. Decommissioned on 16 February 1945, LST-1118 underwent conversion and was recommissioned as Typhon (ARL-28) (q.v.) on 18 June 1945. LST- 1119 LST-1119 was laid down on 19 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. M. D. Hembree; and placed in partial commission on 23 January 1945. LST-1119 underwent conversion and was fully commissioned as Diomedes (ARB- 11) (q.v.) on 23 June 1945. LST-1120 LST-1120 was laid down on 20 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Ruth Brown; and commissioned on 9 February 1945. During World War II, LST-1120 was assigned to the Asiatic- Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late January 1947. Decommissioned on 14 January 1948, the ship was struck from the Navy list on 19 February that same year. On 20 June 1948, she was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., for scrapping. LST-1120 earned one battle star for World War II service. LST-1121 LST-1121 was laid down on 25 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Willie Brown; and placed in partial commission on 31 January 1945, Lt. P. P. Wynn, USNR, in command. LST-1121 underwent conversion to a battle damage repair ship and was commissioned as Demeter (ARB-10) (q.v.) on 3 July 1945. LST-1 122 LST-1122 was laid down on 30 October 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 24 January 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Alice Schmidt; and commissioned on 14 February 1945, Lt. L. L. Hutchinson, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1122 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. Following occupation duty, LST-1122 operated off the west coast of the United States until 1949. Decommissioned on 15 June 1949, she was assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 November 1950, she performed extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, LST-1122 was redesignated San Joaquin County (LST-1122) (q.v.) after a county in California. In the years that followed, the tank landing ship regularly deployed to the western and Central Pacific, operating in the Vietnam theater and the Trust Territories of the Pacific. San Joaquin County was decommissioned for a second time on 26 September 1969. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 May, 1972 and subsequently scrapped. LST-1122 earned five battle stars for the Korean War and one battle star for the Vietnam War. LST-1723 LST-1123 was laid down on I November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 29 January 1945; sponsored by Miss Betty Lou Bailey; and commissioned on 19 February 1945, Lt. (jg.) John H. Cleaque III, USNR, in command. After World War II, LST-1123 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. Following occupation duty, she operated off the west coast of the United States until the outbreak of the Korean War. She performed extensive service during the war, including the amphibious invasion at Inchon. She was redesignated Sedgwick County (LST-1123) (q.v.) after counties in Colorado and Kansas on 1 July 1955 and was decommissioned on 9 September that same year. Recommissioned on 4 June 1966, Sedgwick County participated in logistic support activities in the Vietnam theater. Decommissioned again on 6 December 1969, Sedgwick County was assigned once again to the Pacific Reserve Fleet at Mare Island, Calif. She was struck from the Navy list on 15 March 1975 and transferred to the Malaysian Navy on 7 October 1976 where she served as Rajah Jarom (A-1502). LST-1123 earned six battle stars for the Korean War and seven battle stars and one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation for the Vietnam War. LST-1124 LST-1124 was laid down on 6 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Lillie Williams Kidd; and placed in partial commission on 3 March 1945. LST-1124 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship and was commissioned as Amphitrite (ARL-29) (q.v.) on 28 June 1945. LST-1125 LST-1125 was laid down on 15 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 6 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. June Elizabeth Reimer; and placed in reduced commission on 17 February 1945. LST-1125 underwent conversion to a motor torpedo boat tender and was commissioned as Brontes (AGP-17) (q.v.) on 14 August 1945. LST-1126 LST-1126 was laid down on 16 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Gladys Minor Woodruff; and commissioned on 28 February 1945, Lt. F. C. Helm, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1126 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. For the next 25 years, she operated with the U.S. Pacific Fleet with numerous deployments to the western Pacific. She conducted extensive logistic support operations in the Vietnam theater during the period 1965 to 1970. She was redesignated Snohomish County (LST-1126) (q.v.) after a county in Washington on 1 July 1955. Decommissioned on 1 July 1970, Snohomish County was struck from the Navy list and sold to the Chin Ho Fa Steel & Iron Co., Ltd., Taiwan, in January 1971 for scrapping. LST-1126 earned eight battle stars for Vietnam service. LST-1127 LST-1127 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 14 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Evelyn P. Adams; and commissioned on 26 February 1945, Lt. Adam W. Melohusky in command. Decommissioned on 16 March 1945, LST-1127 underwent conversion to a battle damage repair ship and was commissioned again as Helios (ARB-12) (q.v.) on 23 July 1945. LST-1128 LST-1128 was laid down on 23 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Marie Staat; and commissioned on 9 March 1945. Following World War 11, LST-1128 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early February 1946. She was decommissioned on 29 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Solano County (LST-1128) (q.v.) after a county in California. She was struck from the Navy list on I November 1958 and transferred to the Indonesian Navy where she served as Teluk Langsa (LST-501). LST-1129 LST-1129 was laid down on 29 November 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 22 February 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Elizabeth P. Leatzow; and commissioned on 6 March 1945, Lt. J. K. Marshall in command. Following World War II, LST-1129 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid- February 1946. She was decommissioned on 31 July 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Somervell County (LST-1129) (q.v.) after a county in Texas. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958. LST-1-730 LST-1130 was laid down on 5 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 February 1945; sponsored by Miss Bessie F. Jipson; and commissioned on 20 March 1945, Lt. W. E. Johnson in command. Following World War II, LST-1130 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late November 1946. She was decommissioned and abandoned on 23 March 1948 following a grounding at Yap, Caroline Islands, which left the ship in a condition beyond economical repair. LST-1130 was struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1948. LST-1131 LST-1131 was laid down on 8 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Patricia Ann Jacobsen; and commissioned on 15 March 1945, Lt. C. L. Haslup in command. LST-1131 was decommissioned and underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Askari (ARL-30) (q.v.) on 23 July 1945. LST-1132 LST-1132 was laid down on 12 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Hazel S. Witherspoon; and commissioned on 19 March 1945, Lt. P. P. Wynn in command. Decommissioned on 31 March 1945, LST-1132 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Bellerophon (ARL-31) (q.v.) on 21 July 1945. LST-1133 LST-1133 was laid down on 16 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 10 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Theodora S. Tillman; and placed in partial commission on 23 March 1945. Decommissioned on 17 April 1945, LST-1133 underwent conversion to a motor torpedo boat tender, recommissioning as Chiron (AGP-18) (q.v.) on 18 September 1945. LST-1134 LST-1134 was laid down on 18 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 March 1945; sponsored by Miss Ella J. Arne; and commissioned on 7 April 1945, Lt. C. R. Barheght, USNR, in command. After World War II, LST-1134 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. Following occupation duty, she performed logistic duties in the western Pacific for the next four years and then participated in operations in support of the Korean War. After the war, she engaged in hauling cargo and passengers between the various Hawaiian Islands from 1951 to 1966. On I July 1955, LST-1134 was redesignated Stark County (LST-1134) (q.v.) after counties in Illinois, North Dakota, and Ohio. On 16 May 1966, Stark County was transferred to the Royal Thai Navy where she served as Pangan (LST-3). She was subsequently struck from the Navy list. LST-1134 earned three battle stars for Korean War service. LST-1135 LST-1135 was laid down on 26 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Doris P. Syfert; and commissioned on 12 April 1945, Lt. L. A. Morgan in command. Following World War II, LST-1135 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1946. She was decommissioned on 28 April 1948 and transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal on 29 June 1948. LST- 1135 was struck from the Navy list on 12 August 1948. LST-1136 LST-1136 was laid down on 27 December 1944 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 26 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Huberta J. Malsie; and commissioned on 6 April 1945, Lt. P. P. Wynn in command. Decommissioned on 27 April 1945, LST-1136 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Bellona (ARL-32) (q.v.) on 26 July 1945. LST-1137 LST-1137 was laid down on 3 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 March 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Dorothy L. Mahoney; and placed in reduced commission on 11 April 1945. Decommissioned on 7 May 1945, LST-1137 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, recommissioning as Chimaera (ARL-33) (q.v.) on 7 August 1945. LST-1138 LST-1138 was laid down on 6 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 5 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Hattie R. Fox; and commissioned on 24 April 1945, Lt. D. C. Smith, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1138 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. After post-war operations with the Pacific Fleet, LST-1138 saw extensive service during the Korean War. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Steuben County (LST- 1138) (q.v.) after counties in Indiana and New York. She was struck from the Navy list on 1 February 1961 and sold to Zidell Explorations, Inc., Portland, Oreg., on 11 August 1961. LST-1138 earned five battle stars for her Korean War service. LST-1139 LST-1139 was laid down on 15 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 9 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Helen G. Hines; and commissioned on 27 April 1945, Lt. John J. Flood, Jr., in command. Following World War II, LST-1139 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 20 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 28 June 1948, the ship was sold to the Port Houston Iron Works, Inc., Houston, Tex., for non-self-propelled operation. LST-1140 LST-1140 was laid down on 17 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 13 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Eugenia L. Renkosik; and commissioned on 4 May 1945. Following World War II, LST-1140 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945 . She was decommissioned on 3 June 1949 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 26 January 1950, the ship was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., Seattle, Wash. LST-1 141 LST-1141 was laid down on 22 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 18 April 1945; sponsored by Miss Gwendolyn K. Bartels; and commissioned on 9 May 1945, Lt. E. M. Biggs, USNR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1141 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-April 1949. She was decommissioned on 24 August 1949 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 November 1950 due to the onset of the Korean War, LST- 1141 performed extensive service during that conflict. She was redesignated Stone County (LST-1141) (q.v.) after counties in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Missouri on 1 July 1955. The tank landing ship continued her operations with the Pacific Fleet, including service in Vietnam, through 1969. Decommissioned on 12 March 1970, Stone County was sold to the Royal Thai Navy on 15 August 1973 where she served as Lanta (LST-4). She was struck from the Navy list that same date. LST-1141 earned four battle stars for Korean War service and five battle stars for or Vietnam War service. LST-1142 LST-1142 was laid down on 25 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 23 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Emily S. Ekdahl; and commissioned on 12 May 1945. Following World War II, LST-1142 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early February 1946. She was decommissioned on 15 November 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. On I July 1955, the ship was redesignated Strafford County (LST- 1142) (q.v.) after a county in New Hampshire. She was struck from the Navy list on I November 1958. In 1963, Strafford County was sold to the Foss Launch & Tug Co., Seattle, Wash., con verted to a barge, and operated under the name Foss 202. LST-1143 LST-1143 was laid down on 31 January 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 27 April 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Dorothea S. Freeman; and placed in reduced commission on 9 May 1945. Decommissioned on 21 May 1945, LST-1143 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, commissioning as Daedalus (ARL-35) (q.v.) on 19 October 1945. LST-1144 LST-1144 was laid down on 3 February 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 2 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Evelyn B. Adams; and commissioned on 28 May 1945, Lt. T. R. Hopkins, USNR, in command. Following the war, LST-1144 was assigned to the Service Force, Atlantic Fleet, for which she operated on training and logistics missions into 1954. She was decommissioned on 11 February 1955 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Sublette County (LST-1144) (q.v.) after a county in Wyoming. She was struck from the Navy list on I June 1960. Sublette County was transferred to the Republic of China Navy in September 1 61 w ere she served as Chung Yeh (LST-231). LST-1145 LST-1145 was laid down on 5 February 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Helen H. Davis; and placed in reduced commission on 18 May 1945. Decommissioned on 11 June 1945, LST-1145 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship, commissioning as Gordius (ARL-36) (q.v.) on 14 September 1945. LST-1146 LST-1146 was laid down on 10 February 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 11 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret L. Hecht, Jr.; and commissioned on 30 May 1945, Lt. Warren A. Cushing, Jr., in command. Following World War II, LST-1146 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. After occupation duty, LST-1146 operated off the west coast of the United States for the next five years, principally occupied with resupply missions for Alaskan ports. During the Korean War, her resupply efforts were shifted to Korean ports. On July 1955, she was redesignated Summit County (LS -1146) (q.v.) after counties in Colorado, Ohio, and U tah. From 1965 into 1969, Summit County saw extensive service in the Vietnam theater. She was transferred to the Maritime Administration in December 1969 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet at Suisun Bay, Calif. Summit County was sold to Ecuador on 1 November 1976. LST-1146 earned one battle star for Korean War he r 1 T service and four battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1147 LST-1147 was laid down on 12 February 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 21 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Regina K. Hlubak; and placed in reduced commission. LST-1147 underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship and was commissioned as Indra (ARL-37) (q.v.) on 2 October 1945. LST-1148 LST-1148 was laid down on 15 February 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 23 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Helen M. Fay; and commissioned on 9 June 1945, Lt. Richard Goodhart, USCGR, in command. Following World War II, LST-1148 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She was decommissioned on 11 May 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. Recommissioned on 3 October 1950, LST- 1148 saw extensive service during the Korean War. She was redesignated Sumner County (LST-1148) (q.v.) after counties in Kansas and Tennessee on I July 1955. She continued to operate with the Pacific Fleet and supported operations in the Vietnam theater from 1965 to 1968. Sumner County was decommissioned once again on 9 October 1969 and assigned to the Atlantic Reserve Fleet at Orange, Tex. LST-1148 earned one battle star for the Korean War, and one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation and 10 battle stars for the Vietnam War. LST-1149 LST-1149 was laid down on 23 February 1945 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 25 May 1945; and sponsored by Mrs. Eva B. Smith. LST-1149 was placed in reduced commission and underwent conversion to a landing craft repair ship. She was commissioned as Krishna (ARL-38) (q.v.) on 3 December 1945. LST-1150 LST-1150 was laid down on 1 March 1945 at Seneca, Ill., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 30 May 1945; sponsored by Mrs. Marie S. Budd; and commissioned on 20 June 1945, Lt. J. F. Carpenter, USCGR, in command. Following World War 11, LST-1150 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early December 1945. She was decommissioned on 13 September 1946 and assigned to the Pacific Reserve Fleet. The ship was redesignated Sutter County (LST-1150) (q.v.) after a county in California on I July 1955. Recommissioned on 16 April 1966, she performed extensive service in the Vietnam theater from 1966 through 1970. Decommissioned for the final time on 1 December 1970, Sutter County remained with the Atlantic Reserve Fleet at Orange, Tex., until she was struck from the Navy list on 15 September 1974. LST-1150 earned one award of the Navy Unit Commendation, one award of the Meritorious Unit Commendation, and eight battle stars for the Vietnam War as Sutter County.

© 1999  MultiEducator, Inc.  All rights reserved Report Problems here.

 

'); ');