LST's of the United States Navy
Home
Naval Shopping
About MultiEducator
American History
World History
Election Central
NationbyNation
Primary Source Documents
20th Century Almanac
Aviation History
Navy History
Railroad History
America's Wars
Biographies

Amistadt

Civics

History of Israel
Other Links
About Historycentral
Advertise
Contact US

LST - 296 - 310

 

LST-296 through

LST - 300

LST - 296 through LST-300 contracts were cancelled on 16 September 1942.

LST - 301

LST - 301 was laid down on 26 June 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 15 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Margaret A. Caruso; and commissioned on I November 1942. LST-301 performed no active service with the United States Navy. She was transferred to the United Kingdom on 6 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 20 March 1946. LST-301 was transferred to the War Shipping Administration for disposition and struck from the Navy list in December 1947.

LST - 302

LST - 302 was laid down on 27 June 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 15 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Elizabeth D. Walsh; and commissioned on 10 November 1942. LST-302 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 14 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 5 January 1946. On 20 March 1946, she was struck from the Navy list and sold to Northern Metals Co., Philadelphia, Pa., on 11 December 1947 for scrapping.

LST - 303

LST - 303 was laid down on 3 July 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 21 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Myrtle R. Doucette; and commissioned on 20 November 1942. LST-303 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 21 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 1 June 1946. On 3 July 1946, she was struck from the Navy list and sold to Bosey, Philippines, on 5 December 1947.

LST - 304

LST - 304 was laid down on 3 July 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 21 September 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Justine F. Dinn; and commissioned on 29 November 1942. LST-304 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 30 November 1942 and returned to United States Navy custody on 29 November 1946. On 1 August 1947, she was struck from the Navy list and sold to Tung Hwa Trading Co., Singapore, on 7 October 1947 for conversion for merchant service.

LST - 305

LST - 305 was laid down on 24 July 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 10 October 1942; sponsored by Miss Lillian R. Earley; and commissioned on 6 December 1942. LST-305 was transferred to the United Kingdom on 7 December 1942. She was sunk by an Axis submarine off Anzio, Italy, on 20 February 1944 and struck from the Navy list on 16 May 1944.

LST - 306

LST - 306 was laid down on 24 July 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 10 October 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Caroline De Simone; and commissioned on 11 December 1942, Lt. B. J. Bartram, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-306 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Sicilian occupation-July 1943 Salerno landings-September 1943 Invasion of Normandy-June 1944 Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 13 June 1946. She was redesignated Bernalillo County (LST-306) after a county in New Mexico on 1 July 1955 and struck from the Navy list on I February 1959. On 22 October 1959, she was sold to Ships, Inc., of Miami, Fla. LST-306 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 307

LST - 307 was laid down on 15 September 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Lauretta Watts; and commissioned on 23 December 1942, Lt. James B. Markham in command. During World War II, LST-307 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Sicilian occupation-July 1943 Salerno landings-September 1943 Invasion of Normandy-June 1944 Following the war, LST-307 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 13 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July 1946. On 30 March 1948, she was sold to Kaiser Co., Inc., of Seattle, Wash., for scrapping. LST-307 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 308

LST - 308 was laid down on 15 September 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 9 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Elizabeth A. Haggerty; and commissioned on 2 January 1943. During World War II, LST-308 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Sicilian occupation-July 1943 Salerno landings-September 1943 Invasion of Normandy-June 1944 Following the war, LST-308 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late September 1946 and service in China in July and August 1946. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 17 October 1946. On 5 December 1947, the ship was transferred to the State Department for disposition. LST-308 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 309

LST - 309 was laid down on 22 September 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 23 November 1942; sponsored by Miss Mildred M. Leydon; and commissioned on 11 January 1943, Lt. C. A. Lanborn, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-309 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the following operations: Sicilian occupation-July 1943 Salerno landings-September 1943 Invasion of Normandy-June 1944 Following the war, LST-309 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early November 1945. Upon her return to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 19 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 23 June 1947. On 1 June 1948, she was sold to the Humble Oil & Refining Co., Houston, Tex., and converted for merchant service. LST-309 earned three battle stars for World War II service.

LST - 310

LST - 310 was laid down on 22 September 1942 at the Boston Navy Yard; launched on 23 November 1942; sponsored by Mrs. Inga M. Gustavson; and commissioned on 20 January 1943, Lt. W. P. Lawless, USNR, in command. During World War II, LST-310 was assigned to the European theater of war and participated in the Sicilian occupation in July 1943 and the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. Upon her return to the United States, she was decommissioned on 16 May 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 12 March 1946. On 28 January 1947, she was sold to the Boston Metals Co., of Baltimore, Md., for conversion to merchant service. LST- 310 earned two battle stars for World War II service.

© 1999  MultiEducator, Inc.  All rights reserved Report Problems here.

 

'); ');