(SwGbt: t. 395; a. 3 12-pdr. how.)
Pulaski, a wooden steamer built as Metaco~net in New York in 1854, was chartered by the Navy in 1858 for the expedition against Paraguay and renamed Pula~ki. Purchased by the Navy in 1859, she arrived at Asuncion 25 January 1859, Lt. William H. Maeomb commanding. Payment of an indemnity and apology, however, settled the Water Witch affair peacefully and no action was taken by the 19 ships of war.
Pulaski was subsequently decommissioned and sold at auction at Montevideo, 22 January 1863.