(LST-1086: dp. 3,960;1. 328'; b. 50'; dr. 11'2"; s. 11.6 k.; cpl.
110; a. 8 40mm.; cl. LST-1081)
LST-1086 was laid down 5 December 1944 by the American Bridge Co., Ambridge, Pa.; launched 28 January 1945; sponsored by Miss Julia L. Rowan, placed in reduced commission at Ambridge 17 February 1945, Lt. David J. Ward in eommand; taken down the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers to the repair base at Algiers, La.; and placed in full commission there 24 February 1945.
Final fitting out at Algiers and at Mobile, Ala. through 5 March was followed by shakedown in St. Andrew's Bay, Fla. The tank landing ship then underwent repairs at New Orleans La., departing 6 April to transport Army troops to Coco Solo, Canal Zone.
After delivering an Army erash boat to Pearl Harbor LST1086 ealled at San Francisco, 30 May. Taking on a full ;oad of ammunition and high explosives at the Navy Ammunition Depot, Port Chicago, Calif., she sortied in convoy 12 June proceeding via Pearl Harbor and the Marshalls to Apra Harbor, Guam, Marianas Islands.
Arriving Apra Harbor 31 July, LST-1086 off-loaded her cargo, took on Army and Marine passengers, and then set course for Pearl Harbor, arriving 25 August. She repaired at Pearl Harbor through 5 October 1945, when she stood out of that harbor with garrison forces for Okinawa. Arriving Buckner Bay 23 October, she was assigned passenger and cargo transport duties between Ie Shima and Naha Ko, Okinawa through 21 February 1946.
Five days hence LST-1086 sailed with forces for Shanghai, China, remaining at that port through 19 March. She then departed for home ealling at Guam, Saipan, and Pearl Harbor before standing into Port Hueneme, Calif., 22 May 1946. Two days later she tied up at San Francisco.
LST-1086 departed San Francisco 13 June, bound for deaetivation at the Boston Naval Shipyard. Arriving Boston 13 July, she decommissioned there 7 August 1946 and entered the Atlantic Reserve Fleet. LST-1086 was named Potter County 1 July 1955. On 9 August 1960 she transferred to the Government of Greece under the Military Assitance Program. She has since served in the Hellenic Navy as Ikaria (L-154).