(Galley: t. 70; 1. 75'; b. 15'; dph. 4' cpl. 40; a. 1 24-pdr., 1 18-pdr. columbiad)
The first Allen-a galley built in 1814 at Vergennes, Vt., by Adam and Noah Brown—was commissioned during the summer of 1814, Sailing Master William M. Robins in command. She
became a unit of Commodore Thomas Macdonough's squadron on Lake Champlain and participated in the Battle of Lake Cham- on 11 September 1814 during which the American squadron bested and captured the remnants of the British squadron under Capt. George Downie, RN. After the War of 1812, she remained in active service for another decade. She was sold at Whitehall, N.Y., sometime in late 1824 or early 1825.