(AK-133: dp. 14,250 (f.); 1. 441'6"; b. 56'11"; dr. 27'7''; s. 13 k.; cpl. 236; a. 1 5", 1 3", 8 20mm.;cl. Crater; T. EC-2-S-C1)
Seginus (AK-133), built under Maritime Commission contract (MCE hull 2453), was laid down as Harry Toulmin on 10 January 1944 by the Delta Shipbuilding Co., Inc., New Orleans, La, launched as Seginus on 4 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. Lester White; acquired by the Navy on a bareboat charter on 12 April 1944; converted at the Waterman SS Co., repair yard, Mobile, Ala., and commissioned on 14 June 1944, Lt. Comdr. W.L. Cain, USNR, in command.
Following shakedown in Chesapeake Bay, Seginue proceeded to Hawaii with general cargo and foodstuffs for Pearl Harbor. Arriving on 29 August 1944, she took on armor plate from the battleship Oklahoma carried it to Bremerton, then loaded lumber and small aircraft and took a barge in tow for the return voyage to Pearl Harbor. She arrived in mid-October and, for the remainder of World War II, continued to shuttle cargo between the west coast and Hawaii with only two interruptions: two runs to the Marshalls and Marianas in April and in June and July of 1945.
Ordered inactivated after the cessation of hostilities, she arrived at San Francisco on 2 October and was decommissioned and returned to the Maritime Commission's War Shipping Administration on 13 November 1945. Her name was struck from the Navy list on 28 November 1945.